How Document Management Systems Streamline Workplace Processes
30th May 2023
Recently it was Mental Health Awareness Week, and at Insight Systems, it’s our core focus to streamline work processes to improve productivity, boost company morale, reduce stress and save your organisation time and money through effective document management systems.
The Workplace Health Report conducted by Champion Health shows the impact of stress on UK employees. The two main statistics revealed in this report were:
- 76% of employees report moderate-to-high or high levels of stress.
- 33% report that high levels of stress impact productivity.
Processes play a vital role in the day-to-day running of a business. Well-defined processes ensure that tasks are performed consistently and in a streamlined manner, minimising waste, redundancy, and errors.
When it comes to digitally storing documents and being able to share them to collaborate with other team members, you need management software that can perform.
What Is A Document Management System?
With the increasing amount of digital information, it’s essential to have an organised system to manage documents efficiently. A Document Management System (DMS) is an intelligent software system designed to manage, store, and track electronic documents and images of paper documents. It provides a centralised repository for document storage, retrieval, and version control. DMS can also automate workflows and collaboration, making managing and tracking document workflows easier.
You can learn more about document management systems and their importance in our article here.
Advantages of Document Management Systems.
- Time-saving: One of the most significant benefits of a document management system is it’s time-saving. It reduces the time spent searching for documents, sending documents for review, and waiting for approval. With a DMS, documents can be found quickly, and the system can automate workflows, reducing the time spent on manual tasks.
- Better Collaboration: DMS allows users to collaborate on documents in real time, eliminating the need for back-and-forth emails. With a DMS, multiple users can access and edit documents simultaneously, making collaboration more efficient.
- Improved Security: Document management systems provide a secure and centralised document storage repository. DMS can also control document access, ensuring only authorised users can access sensitive information. This can help reduce stress and improve peace of mind by knowing that confidential information is secure.
- Cost Savings: A DMS can help reduce costs associated with printing, storing, and managing paper documents. It can also help reduce the costs of document retrieval, distribution, and archiving.
- Compliance: Many businesses must comply with various regulations, including data privacy and GDPR. A document management system can ensure compliance by providing a secure repository for sensitive documents and tracking document versions and changes.
Can Document Management Systems Reduce Stress?
Managing documents can be stressful, especially for businesses with large volumes of paperwork. DMS can help reduce stress by providing an effective and efficient system to manage and store documents. In addition, its automation and collaboration features provide many benefits.
For the finance industry, for example, DocuWare works to automate invoice processing, relieving pressure on busy finance teams, which in return increases productivity and capacity to focus on other tasks. Furthermore, the document retrieval software makes audit processes much more smooth sailing.
In conclusion, Document Management Systems provide a range of benefits and advantages that can help reduce stress, save time, and improve productivity. By adopting a DMS, businesses and individuals can improve their document management processes.
Why You Should Partner With Insight Systems.
Partnering with Insight Systems means taking a step towards improving workflows and processes within your organisation. Our innovative digital printing solutions are also designed to reduce paper and toner waste, helping you minimise your environmental footprint while saving on costs. Learn more about our sustainable devices with Epson environmental printing, which features innovative technology that is the future of print.
Contact the experts at Insight Systems today and experience the benefits of a reliable, trusted partner to help drive your organisation to success.