Insight Systems Ltd (herein referred to as “Insight Systems”) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. During our usual course of business, we may ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified. You can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may process your personal data in the course of providing various products or services to you, which could be directly with us, face to face, over the telephone, online or otherwise using any of the websites. This personal data may include information such as (but not limited to):
Your email address
Your telephone number
“Processing” could mean collecting, storing, using or disclosing your personal data. For further detail, please see “About the Personal Data we collect about you” below.
- About the Personal Data we collect about you
- How do we collect your personal data?
- What do we use your Personal Data for?
- Recording Telephone Conversations
- Sharing your Personal Data
- Protecting your Personal Data
- How long do we process personal data for?
- Your rights
- Contacting us
- How you can contact us?
About the Personal Data we collect about you
If you deal with Insight Systems in the capacity of a representative, employee or director of one of our customers, for legitimate interests or contractual reasons, we typically process the following types of personal data about you:
- Your name, work email address and other work contact details.
- Your role, position and/or job title within your employment.
- Your area of employment.
- Details of your preferences for types of marketing.
- Details of your visits to our websites and applications including, traffic data, location data and other communication data, and the resources that you access. Please see the “Cookies Policy” below for further information.
- Information relating to you that you give us or we otherwise obtain when you visit us (for example, if you sign in or are recorded on CCTV while visiting us, or you give us the registration details of your vehicle).
How do we collect your Personal Data?
Insight Systems usually collects your personal data from the information you submit during the course of your, or your employer’s, relationship with us through various forms and documents, when you sign up to our marketing lists, are named as an authorised person to trade on behalf of your employer, sign up to access any of our products or services either on your own behalf or on behalf of your employer. We will also collect personal data when we monitor or record communications and/or through use of technology which may include CCTV, please see further information set out below.
What do we use your Personal Data for?
Insight Systems and/or persons acting on our behalf may process your personal data for any of the following purposes, depending on the capacity in which you deal with Insight Systems:
- To enter into, and to perform, contracts with you or the person that you work for.
- To provide goods and services to customers or other users of those goods and services
- To manage and administer our relationships with customers, suppliers or other users of our goods and services
- Financial and credit checks
- Contact you about the services and products we offer
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and requests including reporting to or being audited by national regulatory, enforcement or exchange bodies.
Cookies are small pieces of data that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or application.
We use them to:
- Remember information about you, so you don’t have to give it to us again.
- Help us understand how people are using our services so that we can make them better.
- To find out if our emails have been read and if you find them useful.
Find out more about cookies on http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
You can change your cookie settings at any time by visiting http://www.insightsystems.co.uk/privacypolicy.asp and selecting the Cookie Settings button.
Third party websites
Recording Telephone Conversations
Insight Systems has the capacity to record telephone conversations. Like many other organisations, this is a standard practice that allows the recording of telephone calls for quality monitoring, training, compliance security purposes, and to ensure we meet internal procedures and policies.
Sharing your Personal Data
Insight Systems will from time to time need to share your Personal Data, where necessary for our “Third-Party Data Processors” in the course of normal business. Such “Third-Party Data Processors” may include:
- Logistics partners.
- Finance providers and Credit Reference Agencies.
- Suppliers of our products for the purpose of sending products direct to you.
- Third party service providers and subcontractors.
- Government departments and public bodies such as HMRC.
- Third parties who process your personal data on our behalf, such as providers of our business software.
- To whichever body as required for law enforcement where we are required to do so by applicable law or regulation or at their request.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
Insight Systems will not sell or trade your personal data.
Protecting your Personal Data
Insight Systems is committed to protecting your Personal Data and maintaining security. We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal data we transmit, store or otherwise process against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration or unauthorised disclosure or access, whether electronic or hard copy.
All personal data processed by is stored securely. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using appropriate technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website or systems, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long do we process personal data for?
We process personal data only for so long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, after which it will be deleted or archived except to the extent that it is necessary for us to continue to process it for the purpose of compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject or for another legitimate and lawful purpose.
If you wish to have your personal data removed from our databases, you can make such a request by contacting us using the details at the top and bottom of this document. Subject to any legal or regulatory requirements, we will then delete this information.
You have the following rights in relation to personal data relating to you that we process:
- You may request access to the personal data concerned (please see the section on obtaining access to your personal data, below).
- You may request that incorrect personal data that we are processing be rectified.
- In certain circumstances (normally where the personal data has been provided by you and it is no longer necessary for us to continue to process it), you may be entitled to request that we erase the personal data concerned.
- Where we are processing personal data relating to you on the basis of your prior consent to that processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time, after which we shall stop the processing concerned.
- If you have a complaint about any processing of your personal data being conducted by us, in the first instance please contact us using the details at both the top and bottom of this document.
- Contacting us
+44 1732 880600
Insight Systems Ltd
Kent, TN15 7AF
Version Number: V1.0
Document Number: INS-PRIV24052018-V1.0 MB/PB/PF